How this association eliminated hours of processing time with this web-based membership database solution.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities was established in 1986 with eighteen member institutions. Today, as HACU celebrates its twentieth anniversary, HACU represents more than 450 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the
The organization’s Web site (http://www.hacu.net ) provides a watershed for communications among the colleges, government and business.
HACU had grown rapidly and it was hard for a small IT staff to keep up with the demand for constantly changing information on the website. Concurrently, the membership database of colleges and universities was constantly growing and changing, which required more people and more time to manage.
Ricardo Latapi, Assistant Director of Special Finance Projects, identified three areas of financial impact:
- Updating memberships and ensuring that dues are paid on time
- Maximizing attendance at the HACU annual conference by simplifying online registrations
- Increasing opportunities for members with consistently up-to-date contact information on the website
HACU needed “a website that could talk to its membership database,” Ricardo concluded. But how can one technology solution satisfy the plethora of growth-related stress HACU was experiencing?
“ESX provides a total solution,” says Ricardo. “The Association Catalyst integrates our website and member database so that information is constantly updated, we only have to make changes once, and members find our website much easier to use.”
Not only does Association Catalyst satisfy the three financial issues Ricardo identified, it has helped HACU eliminate unnecessary data entry time by automating these key processes:
- Website “talks to” member database so updates are available internally and externally as soon as changes are made
- Members have “self-service” updating privileges on the website, which eliminates staff time to process changes and it keeps member university contact information more current
- Press releases and member advisories are posted within 24 hours and appear on the homepage
- Online registration to the annual conference is much easier with Association Catalyst; one college administrator can register a batch of conference attendees in one session, which reduces time from hours to minutes for a large group
- Printing bar codes on registration materials (using a special, inexpensive printer) helps speed up and further simplify the entire registration process
- Association Catalyst provides HACU the ability to automatically invoice membership renewals and invoice tracking reports download in Excel® format
Ricardo reports that as many as 75 percent of the central staff participate in managing content of their own area of the website, which takes a load off of IT and helps keep web content fresh and up to date.
HACU is still growing and looking forward to another decade of service and accomplishment. The HACU staff can embrace their growth knowing that Association Catalyst will grow with them.
Our rave reviews:
"ESX, Inc.'s customer service is incredible - when we need something, we don't need it a month from now - we need it now. And we get it. Improvements are made immediately; they are open to new ideas, move quickly, and have unbelievable response time."
American Business Media
"ESX, Inc. took the time to understand what our needs were. The final thing that sold me were the glowing client references. They were just spectacular!"
"ESX, Inc., with its renowned expertise in serving education and non-profit communities, offered HACU the software and support to better, and most cost-efficiently serve our fast-growing community of members and partners."
Senior Vice President and COO
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
American Business Media
"The do-it-yourself function of the Website Management System definitely has made it easier to make immediate changes to our website, that would have taken several days to be completed by a webmaster."
The International Air Cargo Association
"The greatest asset of Association Catalyst is the promise of customization and flexibility. ESX promised the resources, both human and intellectually, that made our decision an easy one. And, they delivered on their promise."
North Carolina Dental Society