Web Content Management System
Easily build, manage and organize the content on your website.
Creating a web presence that communicates and inspires is challenging. It can also seem impossible to accomplish with some of the existing tools on the market. Fortunately, the xCatalyst WCMS demystifies web content editing with intuitive software tools and automated publication workflow.
The benefits of adopting an xCatalyst WCMS extend across organizational lines. For example, employees become more productive, there is a boost in operational efficiencies, and the content demands and needs of your online constituents are consistently met. The xCatalyst WCMS does this in two ways: it enables distributed content management by non-technical personnel, and it provides centralized control of branding, security and integrity of your content.
The xCatalyst Web Content Management System is easy to use. You can manage a single website or an integrated network of websites from a centralized administration.
With xCatalyst, the time, cost and complexity of building a website are dramatically reduced. Built on Microsoft technologies and industry standards, the xCatalyst Web Content Management System provides an integrated solution that adapts to your organization.
Benefits of the xCatalyst Web Content Management System
- Staging and production environments allow editors to make content changes without affecting the website. Content is available on the website only after it is approved by the editor in the staging environment and published to the website.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Rich Text content editing enables non-technical personnel to create and update website content without knowing HTML.
- Version control and archiving provide backup and disaster recovery capabilities by rolling back to previous versions of approved pages.
- Granular editing privileges protect the integrity of the content by defining not only who has access to specific content assets but also the type of access that is permitted.
- Separation of content and presentation ensure consistency, enforce branding and make it easy to change the website look and feel.
- SEO (search engine optimization) is easy with xCatalyst. Metadata (key words, page title and page descriptions) management features provide the ultimate control to ensure your pages are properly indexed by search engines.
- Global and site-specific content sharing allows content to be shared between sites on a network and between pages on an individual website.
- Automated content approval workflow allows distributed management of website content and centralized control of content publishing. When content changes are made and the page is checked in, the system sends automated email notifications to approval assignees. Assignees can publish content changes, forward them to additional assignees or send back changes for rework.
- Multilingual Website Content Management eliminates the need to maintain an individual website for each language.
- Section 508 compliance support features help meet accessibility standards.
- Dynamic multi-level navigation support frees content editors from the time-consuming tasks associated with maintaining site navigation.
- The integrated file manager is a central repository for non-content assets (images, PDFs, documents, flash files). The file manager helps site administrators organize files and ensures that only approved files are available to content editors.
- Page caching technology ensures website visitors will experience fast-loading pages.
- Integrated site search allows website visitors to perform key word searches to locate and navigate to the information they are looking for.
- Online forms integration with people profile enables form submissions to be associated with the respective individual profile for better reporting or accounting purposes.
Easy to Set Up, Easy to Use
Flexibility and ease of use are xCatalyst's biggest strengths. The web-based screens have a straightforward and intuitive functionality that content creators, editors and template designers expect from today's web applications. The WYSIWYG editor enables editors without any HTML skills to update and publish content in a word-processing environment.
The system offers strong administrative functionality and provides even the most advanced webmasters with features and tools to create and maintain complex websites. Granular security roles and privileges ensure top-down control over branding and style yet provide the ability to localize content.
The combination of ease of use, streamlined workflows, all in a single integrated platform, adds up to a lower total cost of ownership.
Our rave reviews:
"ESX, Inc.'s customer service is incredible - when we need something, we don't need it a month from now - we need it now. And we get it. Improvements are made immediately; they are open to new ideas, move quickly, and have unbelievable response time."
American Business Media
"ESX, Inc. took the time to understand what our needs were. The final thing that sold me were the glowing client references. They were just spectacular!"
"ESX, Inc., with its renowned expertise in serving education and non-profit communities, offered HACU the software and support to better, and most cost-efficiently serve our fast-growing community of members and partners."
Senior Vice President and COO
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
American Business Media
"The do-it-yourself function of the Website Management System definitely has made it easier to make immediate changes to our website, that would have taken several days to be completed by a webmaster."
The International Air Cargo Association
"The greatest asset of Association Catalyst is the promise of customization and flexibility. ESX promised the resources, both human and intellectually, that made our decision an easy one. And, they delivered on their promise."
North Carolina Dental Society