Easily Build, Manage & Deploy Content on Your Websites
Providing a web presence that communicates and inspires is challenging, but can also seem impossible to accomplish with the tools most organizations have adopted today. The xCatalyst WCMS demystifies web content editing by providing intuitive software tools and automated content publication business workflow that create a seamless and powerful environment for content editors.
The benefits of adopting a WCMS cut across organizational lines. Employees become more productive, there is a boost in operational efficiencies and the content demands and needs of your online constituents are consistently met. The xCatalyst WCMS enables distributed content management by non-technical personnel and provides centralized control of branding, security and integrity of your content assets.
The xCatalyst content management system is easy to use and deploy. You can manage a single website or an integrated network of websites from a centralized administration console.
With xCatalyst, the time, cost and complexity of building content is dramatically reduced. Built on Microsoft technologies and industry standards the xCatalyst content management provides an integrated solution that adapts to your organization. With xCatalyst Content Management you can:
- Staging and production environments allow editors to make content changes without affecting the public website. Content is available on the public website only after it is approved in the staging environment and published to the public website.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) rich text content editing enables non-technical personnel to create and update website content without knowing HTML.
- Version control and archiving provide backup and disaster recovery capabilities by rolling back to previous versions of approved pages.
- Granular editing privileges protect the integrity of the content by defining not only who has access to specific content assets but also the type of access that is permitted.
- Separation of content and presentation ensure consistency, enforce branding and make it easy to change the website look and feel.
- SEO (search engine optimization) is easy with xCatalyst. Meta data (key words, page title and page descriptions) management features provide the ultimate control to ensure your pages are properly indexed by search engines.
- Global and site specific content sharing allow content to be shared between sites on a network and between pages on an individual website.
- Automated content approval workflow allows distributed management of website content and centralized control of content publishing. When content changes are made and the page is checked in, the system sends automated email notifications to approval assignees. Assignees can publish content changes, forward them to additional assignees or send back changes for rework.
- Multilingual website content management eliminates the need to maintain an individual website for each language.
- Section 508 compliance support features help meet accessibility standards.
- Dynamic multi-level navigation support frees content editors from the time consuming tasks associated with maintaining site navigation.
- The integrated file manager is a central repository for non-content assets (images, PDF, documents, flash files). The file manager helps site administrators organize files and ensures that only approved files assets are available to content editors.
- Page caching technology ensures website visitors will experience fast loading pages.
- Integrated site search allows website visitors to perform key word searches to locate and navigate to the information they are looking for.
Easy to Setup, Easy to Use
Flexibility and ease of use are xCatalyst's biggest strengths. The web-based screens have a straightforward and intuitive functionality that content creators, editors and template designers expect from today's web applications. The WYSIWYG editor enables editors without any HTML skills to update and publish content in a word processing environment.
The system offers strong administrative functionality and provides even the most advanced webmasters with features and tools to create and maintain complex websites. Granular security roles and privileges assure top-down control over branding and style yet provide the ability to localize content.
The combination of ease of use, streamlined workflows – all in a single integrated platform adds up to a lower total cost of ownership.